CURE® compiled a roundup of several recent news and updates involving quality of life improvements that patients with cancer may have missed.
There have recently been several updates regarding the quality of life of patients receiving treatment for various cancers. Here, CURE® looks back at some news and updates surrounding quality of life improvements that patients may have missed.
1) Interventions Improve Survival, Quality of Life for Patients Experiencing Financial Toxicity
Not only did a three-step intervention improve survival rates in patients with high-risk hematologic malignancies, but patients also reported better physical and mental health afterward. READ MORE.
2) Patients With Aggressive Lymphomas Experience Major Quality of Life Improvements One Year After Diagnosis
Patients with aggressive lymphoma tended to have major improvements in quality of life (QOL) after one year, compared to baseline QOL at diagnosis. Then, QOL increases continued upward for years to come. READ MORE.
3) Possible Future Treatment Shows Better Quality of Life in Patients with Ovarian Cancer
Keytruda (pembrolizumab) in combination with Avastin (bevacizumab) and oral metronomic cyclophosphamide demonstrated improved efficacy, safety and quality of life in patients with recurrent platinum-sensitive, platinum-resistant, or refectory epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer. READ MORE.
4) Patients With Lung Cancer Subset Report Better Quality of Life, Improved Survival After Treatment with Lorbrena
Patients with ALK-positive non-small cell lung cancer who received Lorbrena reported better quality of life and had longer progression-free survival than patients who received Xalkori. READ MORE.
5) Savoring Every Ounce of Life While Undergoing Treatment for Skin Cancer
In this episode of the “CURE Talks Cancer” podcast, one patient discusses what his journey with skin cancer has been like, as well as his decision to switch to a new therapy once his previous therapy stopped working. He also offers others facing similar situation advice and chronicles why he’s focused on quality rather than quantity. LISTEN HERE.
6) Triple Therapy with Darzalex Improves Pain, Quality of Life in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma Ineligible for Stem Cell Transplantation
Quality of life improved in patients treated with Darzalex, Revlimid and dexamethasone compared with Revlimid and dexamethasone, and were present regardless of age, functional status and the depth of their treatment response. READ MORE.
7) Counseling, Targeted Interventions Needed to Improve Health-Related Quality of Life in Young Colon Cancer Survivors
The researchers concluded that the overall low health-related quality of life scores for young colorectal cancer survivors in the categories of social and functional well-being should be targeted by appropriate methods, which could include counseling and quality of life interventions. READ MORE.
For more news on cancer updates, research and education, don’t forget to subscribe to CURE®’s newsletters here.