“There are those whose primary ability is to spin wheels of manipulation. It is their second skin and without these spinning wheels, they simply do not know how to function.”― C. JoyBell C.
Unfortunately, no one is immune to manipulators.
Living near a manipulator is highly challenging, and a relationship with such a person can be extremely demanding and complicated.
These people care for themselves only, they are selfish and self-centered, ready to do what it takes to fulfill their wicked goals. Their main tools include lies, deceit, false hope, and guilt.
Manipulators find a way to use their victim’s weaknesses to make them their servants. They love to have control over people and situations. Therefore, they will do anything to dictate other people’s actions, feelings, and thoughts.
Yet, don’t despair, as there is a way to deal with these people, even though it is never easy to walk away from them.
Here are some useful tips and tricks that will be of great help:
- Manipulators never take responsibility for their actions, but they skillfully turn the situation upside down, to make you feel guilty. Therefore, you should never blame yourself, no matter how bad you feel, but blame them instead, and they will instantly lose the battle.
- Manipulators will use any weapon to destroy you and make you feel guilty. Yet, you need to stand up for yourself, and respect your “No”. No means No. If you show them you are strong, they will be less motivated to control you
- Manipulators make you lose your self-esteem, so your self-worth is the most potent weapon against them. Always speak your mind, and stand up for yourself, aware of your value.
- Change the focus, and instead on you, redirect the focus on the manipulator. Whenever they hurt you, start asking them probing questions, and you will confuse them. Being in the focus is the worst thing that can happen to a manipulator, as they are generally fragile, weak, and frustrated people.
- Take your time to evaluate all the pros and cons of a situation. Manipulators like to rush others, but you can avoid the pressure by saying “I’ll think about it.”
- The best thing you can do is to stay away from the manipulator. You can start drifting away gradually and then maintain a healthy distance.