We don’t know how strong we are until we find ourselves in a situation when we have no other choice but to be brave and move forward.
Many people find strong women intimidating, but in fact, they have just decided not to break down, and struggle after every single storm in their life. Being strong does not mean that you cannot experience something emotionally, but it means that you find the strength to raise every time you fall.
Emotionally intelligent women are confident, passionate, and fearless. The numerous battles they have won in life have prepared them for any new challenges life might bring, and nothing can surprise them anymore.
These women learn from their mistakes and thus become wiser and stronger, ready to cope with other hardships and survive again. These women believe in themselves, and this helps them overcome all difficulties.
Strong women are inspirational, motivating, fascinating, and independent.
Here are some traits that define them:
- They are survivors, they are brave, and use their mistakes as stepping stones
- These women believe in themselves, and always let their intuition guide them
- They are not afraid to show they are vulnerable, as they can always rise from the ashes like a phoenix
- They never overestimate themselves to underrate others
- They are aware of their worth, know their strengths and weaknesses, and embrace the fact that they are imperfect but unique
- Honesty is the best policy for these women, and they would rather hurt someone with the truth, then comfort them with a lie
- They seek respect, not attention, and if they are not appreciated, they will just walk away
- Strong women have pure souls, never focus on negativity, and are ready to forgive, as they know that we all make mistakes
- These women face their fears and challenge themselves to grow even stronger, day by day
As Alysia Helming, an environmentalist, bestselling author, and producer, wrote:
“Strong women aren’t simply born. We are forged through the challenges of life. With each challenge, we grow mentally and emotionally. We move forward with our head held high and a strength that cannot be denied.
A woman who’s been through the storm and survived.
We are warriors!”